By admin | June 7, 2008
Samuel Hall and Sarah Rising had eight children, including our direct ancestor Samuel Hall who married Hannah Parsons. Samuel’s siblings include Sarah Hall, Mercy Hall, Bethia Hall, Abigail Hall, Eunice Hall, John Hall and Josiah Hall.
Samuel’s brother Josiah married Sarah Bush in Somers. Their children include Josiah Hall Jr., Joseph Hall, Sarah Hall, Vashti Hall, Mercy Hall, Terza Hall and Libni Hall.
Josiah Hall, Jr. married Elizabeth Russell. Their children include Josiah Hall, Joseph Hall, Alpheus Hall, Reuben Hall, Olla Hall, and Elizabeth Hall.
Many of the gravestones we have documented in North Cemetery in Somers reflect the monuments erected on behalf of Josiah Hall and Sarah (Bush) Hall’s offspring who lived their entire lives in Somers. I begin with Josiah Jr., and his family.
1. Gravestone of Josiah Hall, Jr., son of Josiah Hall and Sarah (Bush) Hall, b. 6 September 1744 in Somers. Inscription: In memory of Josiah Hall who died March 14, 1825, Age 80.
2. Gravestone of Elizabeth (Russell) Hall, b. 20 September 1745 in Somers. Inscription: In memory of Elizabeth, wife of Josiah Hall, who died March 20, 1814, aged 68.
3. Gravestone of Joseph Hall, son of Josiah Hall, Jr. and Elizabeth (Russell) Hall, b. 17 March 1782. Inscription: Joseph Hall died April 17, 1844, Age 62.
4. Gravestone of Josiah Hall, son of Josiah Hall, Jr. and Elizabeth (Russell) Hall, b. 6 January 1776. Inscription: Josiah Hall died Sept. 3, 1852, Aged 75.
5. Gravestone of Olla, daughter of Josiah Hall, Jr. and Elizabeth (Russell) Hall, b. 8 August 1785. Inscription: In memory of Miss Olla daughter of Mr. Josiah and Mrs. Elizabeth Hall who died Dec. 6, 1810 in the [25th?] _____
[Editor's note: Son Alpheus removes to NY; son Reuben removes to OH.]